- Students are being sent home with sight word lists for them to practice at home. Please help them practice these words until they can read them all quickly & without having to stop to sound out the letters. Simply sign their orange card when they are ready to pass the list off & send them back to school.
- Students should have brought home their September reading log (a yellow paper with apples on it). Students should be reading 10 minutes a day, Monday - Friday. At the end of the month, you sign it, and students return their reading log. Students that have 20+ days colored will receive a prize.
- Take home book-in-a-bag began. next week. Students need to read these books 3 TIMES every night, and then bring them back the next morning. Students receive a new book every day.
- Library books are due back every Tuesday. Students are allowed to have two books checked out at a time. If students finish reading a book, they can visit the library before school starts (8:30-8:55) and exchange them.
What we are learning this week:
- Language Arts: Blending and Segmenting words, handwriting skills, digraphs, tricky words, sight word list 2. We also started reading together out of a reader called "Snap Shots".
- Language Arts & Social Studies: We will continue learning about different fables from around the world. Students are learning about fiction stories, what a moral is, and about the setting of different stories we read.
- Math Reinforcement: We will continue in Chapter . This chapter focuses on addition concepts using numbers 1-20. Students will be bringing home their math pages at the end of the week. THIS IS NOT HOMEWORK.
- Reading Interventions & groups will start on Tuesday.